Saturday, July 5, 2008

UPDATE #2 ABOUT DAUGHTER #1

Well, we have left her at the security area and go to my parents as they are watching daughter #2. Before I could get out of the door I have received a couple of texts that she is pis_ed off at me. Then she calls at 8:10 when she should of have boarded the plane and says that the flight has been cancelled. WHAT, WHAT....Thank goodness the friend from our Temple that is also participating in the program has been told what to do in these types of situations as I had not even talked to her about this....(who can talk when she is screaming or crying)

She gets them a flight booked at 4:30 which would get them there at 5:50(the program starts at 2:00) and they try to get a standby flight for 11:30.

So, off to work I go and at 10:30 she calls saying that a nice older couple who would give them their seats if they couldn't get on the plane by standby. Either way they are getting to Washington before 2...(how nice people are to help them out in a situation like that)

She is on the plane and has landed..Get the first call of so many that I can't even count them any more. You may have guessed it, her luggage is lost and did we even think to put clothes in her carry on.....of course, NOT.

And in the mean time, I am calling the program trying to find out if things are that bad that I need to fly her home asap. I was told her luggage would be there that evening as the poor girl doesn't even have sheets for her bed (they are staying at Georgetown dorms and we need to supply sheets, blankets, pillows)but they have a microwave and a refrigator.

Some one lends her sheets...she makes it thru the night and in the morning she is calling me begging again to come home. I will do anything you say mommy and please help her are a few of the examples of texts and calls I receive from her. Plus I have no clothes or anything else for that matter..More calls start pouring in please mom I want to come home and I am not going to participant in anything.....and I'm going to get myself kicked out (all this from a student whose has a gpa of 3.8) I can't even tell you about the sobbing going on....

Her luggage shows up after going to Tampa Florida over night. You would things would get better for her and me.....right. Then daughter#1 decides to get the family involved calling her aunts and threatening to call papa...She is coming home one way or another. She is not staying.

I think somewhere on Tuesday with her mouth going so much, I had called her boyfriend and told him he better talk to her that this was about her and not about him or me. She needed to try at least a few days.. (figuring once she has settled in she would be better) I also had told him that if they didn't straighten up that I would turn his phone off and text messaging. (he is out of town as well and I let him borrow our spare cell phone)

He calls back and leaves me a message that states he is done trying to talk to her and doesn't know what to do...

Well missy got a little bit big for her britches and hung up on me..Once to often and screaming at me. I then called the phone company and did that...(Of course, 3 hours later it was back up and running) but to prove a point.


And just think this only Tuesday.....

Enjoy a picutre from Washington D.C.






cannoli

No comments: