Sunday, July 20, 2008

GETTING THERE IS HALF THE BATTLE

I drop daughter #2 at the daycare and leave with tears in both of our eyes. I did leave a little love letter for her for later and then start off on my journey...not knowing what this trip will bring...as I drive it is a beautiful day, the sun is shinning , my sisters car is filled up. I have some good tunes cranking on the Cd's and I have a few healthy snacks at hand...(bananas, oranges, 1 package of ww cookies, and gummy worms, lowfat granala bars)




What a beautiful country we live in... The Allegheny Mountains are very green this time of year. As they say take a moment to enjoy the view


The country side in Maryland is also very stunning...And as I am driving, I count how many states I can say I have been in.....maybe I didn't stay long but it counts

a. Ohio
b. Illinois
c. Wisconsin
d. Hawaii
e. Pennsylvania
f. Indiana
g. Maryland
h. West Virginia
i. Michigan
j. New York
k. California

and I can say I have been to Washington,D.C. (I know not a state) and Canada.

Also, along the way I drove past the town where Post Secret are mailed to...you don't know how bad I wanted to look for his mailbox....



I finally arrived in DC at 3:30 as I walked up to the Hospital doors, I was very nervous not sure what to expect....I stop to ask someone where the front door was to go into the hospital....as I am standing there she tells me that they have alot of different buildings and she could be in anyone of them...so I pull out my trusty phone and call to find out which building and that I am in the wrong hospital... I am standing at Georgetown University Hospital and not George Washington University Hospital where she is at....




Well at this point I lose it..I start to cry....the nice women takes the phone and finds out where I need to go...after that she takes me to get my parking ticket validated...(thank g-d) I had to pay 2.00 for 10 minutes... then she
prayed for me and my daughter....very thoughtful....we confer with a police officer to make sure she got me the right directions.

So, me and my trusty GPS system start heading for the right hospital....after a lot of wrong turns and re-calculates....I finally pull up to the hospital, I have to park the car(a block away). I leave my stuff in the car and walk towards the hospital...as I stand at the corner, here is a picture of what I see




There is a cart selling kosher hot dogs, someone has a stand selling sheets for 20.00
and someone else is selling flowers and then a open market is going on....Also a stop for the metro called Foggy bottom. (I know it sounds like something from Harry Potter) I walk into the hospital and find out where the Intensive care unit is...(yes, I held this info back from my readers).....they tell me she is on the second floor my heart starts pumping harder and then they ask where my id is(every time you go on the elevator you need to show it to them)...I get to the floor finally and find the unit and I have to wait...they are doing a procedure on her...as you sit there wondering how sick is she and what are they doing to her....I wanted to bust in those doors and take matters into my own hands...but I sit as tears well up into my eyes....finally they call me in...they had been trying to put an iv into her hand...I walk into her room and she is laying there with oxygen on and crying because of the procedure...I go over and hug her and tears are filling up in my eyes

Pamela introduces her self to me and explains what is going on...

I need to take a break and post more later


CANNOLI

No comments: