Sunday, October 12, 2008

MUSINGS

Well, I have a lot to say and I really don't know how to say it but here goes....

On Saturday, I went to Pennsylvania to attend a wedding for my second cousin. Her grandma which is my aunt has been ill with emphysema and was in the hospital about 3 weeks ago in critical condition. I had decided then I would see her before she got worse and that I was going to be attending this wedding to do it...

Well my mother was suppose to go to the wedding with me but that was before her surgery (which she is still recovering by the way)....so I had called another aunt to see if she wanted to go to the wedding. When I called she said she was having surgery the day before but not to worry. She would try to go on drugs along with my uncle who would drive us...(Please remember my relatives are getting in there 70 and 80's)

So the day of the wedding comes, I'm ready and meet them in a Mc*Donalds parking lot. We drive for almost almost 3 hours...during the ride those stupid map quest directions aren't working, we pull out the GPS systems and have a little issue on that....

My aunt who is suffering with pain has her drugs and her ice packs.....had to stop to get her something to try to settle her stomach(which didn't happen)...we pull up to the church...which was a small church quite cute.....

We walk in the church, I notice my uncle(remember married to my aunt that I wanted to see) and I see his son and you can tell they are in pain....I don't want to ask ...so I find a few more relatives and we decide to sit in the back of the church in support of my aunt who had surgery the day before and is nauseous...

Well we are waiting for the beginning of the service...I find out that my aunt is just to ill that she can't attend her granddaughters wedding and her daughter who is the mother of the bride is not there either as she is taking care of her mom....

I still have a lot more to go so will make another post....

CANNOLI

No comments: