Friday, October 24, 2008

My new friend

I have a new friend.....wait, wait, its something that will help me sleep better and feel better....here it is....


\

I have a very mild case of sleep apnea but really what I went to the doctor for was that my feet are swollen so the next thing I know is that I went to a sleep study and they felt I had a few symptons of this condition. We have been going back and forth with the insurance company and finally it came today.

So here is some info on the condition:
Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) is a condition in which a patients breathing passage seals during sleep, causing the patient to stop breathing. Apnea is Greek for “without breath”. The body responds to this lack of oxygen by arousing, or waking from sleep. This cycle leads to the patient being unable to get the needed quantity of restful sleep and results in:


Constant Fatigue
Difficulty Focusing
Irritability
Untreated Sleep Apnea is potentially fatal and frequently results in the following serious health problems:


Heart Attacks
Strokes
High Blood Pressure
Diabetes

And here is some info on the machine:
The SleepStyle 238 also incorporates Fisher & Paykel Healthcare's patented Ambient Tracking® PLUS auto-adjusting humidification technology. Quieter operation Two kinds of noise can annoy you and your sleeping partner. There is the noise of the CPAP system and the gurgling noise (rainout) that results from condensation forming in the airtube. The SleepStyle 238 addresses both issues. It operates very quietly and, with Ambient Tracking® Plus, it automatically adjusts the level of humidification to minimize rainout noise from condensation while maximizing comfort

So now I am off to wear this beautiful thing for about an hour tonight and tomorrow and then Sunday night we will be sleeping buddies....but this is a health change and I need to do this...

Well pleasant dreams...

CANNOLI

No comments: