Monday, October 13, 2008

THE MIDDLE PART OF THE STORY

I need to continue my story of the trip to Pennsylvania. Well during the wedding, I am bawling as the bride looks so beautiful....my uncle walked her down the isle and when the minister asks who gives her away, he responds "Her mother and her grandmother" he didn't say himself....(LOL)

After the wedding, I start talking to my cousin, who tells me his mom doesn't have much time left.....I want to see her as this was the reason for the trip.

My aunt that I drove down with is in condition to see her, so my uncle offers to take me to see her...My cousins that are from Cleveland...want to see her also so I decided to go with them...

On the way, I call my parents to give them an update. My sister gives them the message.

After a stop at a store where my cousin future husband is saying stuff about those Steelers, we finally make it there in one picece(thank goodness)....

I am nervous as we walk in the house. My cousin tells me her mom has been sleeping and is very medicated. I am that is okay as long as I can see her and give her a kiss. She said that's fine.

I walk in the bedroom and she starts waking up... She like you came to see me...I try straighting her pillows and she is still in pain. My cousin brings in the chocolate coconut bars that I had brought for her.

So, I go to the kitchen to put them on a plate for her and when I get back to the bedroom she has decided she wants to go the dinning room table. After a few minutes she is wheeled into the room.

Well I start rambling about different things and we talk. It was very nice. My cousins by the way are also there. My aunt keeps saying why don't you go, then she has a bite of the chocloate bars and that was it.

I ask to take her picture and she's like no I look horrible. I finally talk her into them and she and I take pictures of us feeding each other the cake. My cousins get their pictures taken also.

I can tell my aunt is getting tired and I say that to her. She replys that it is harder to hide that from people.

She wants us to spend the night and I'm like we have to go back to the reception to see your granddaughter. I tell her how much she has meant to me and how much I love her and we leave.

My cousins and I are crying all the way back to the reception. I have enough time to make a little small talk, eat a little dinner and we are on our way home.


CANNOLI

No comments: